Wednesday 18 January 2012

Sales Shopping In Knightsbridge

I wanted to only purchase one or two nice items in the sales, and not in a frantic haze end up with silly numerous items of garments that I don't need and aren't even that nice. So I headed to Harvey Nichols, Harrods and The Kings Road. Even though I had under £100 to spend which won't go a long way in such expensive shops, I was still determined to come back with something. However there were many disappointments along the way. I went to Harrods on the first day of it's sale. I was expecting it to be busy, but I was not prepared for queue's that went all round the building and even inside. I could barley move. I love shopping and see it as something enjoyable to do, and this was not my idea of fun. I decided that it was not worth the hassle so left the store. Taking at least half an hour to get my way through the crowds and avoiding being elbowed in the face. If I had more money to spend I would of stayed as with more money I would of been able to purchase something incredible. But with my budget I could only stretch to the posh make-up counter.

I had more luck at the stress free sale at Harvey Nicks, I had to take back a Christmas present that my brother bought me. A lovely set of black and gold See by Chloe bangles but that were unfortunately too big. Luckily I exchanged them for a See by Chloe purse. I also fell in love with a pair of  hot pink shorts by Phillip Lim 2:1. The sale price which was scribbled on the tag in biro, made the price slightly in clear however I read it as £59 so rushed to the catch out to buy them for it to discovered that the five was actually an eight and therefore out of my price range. I was seriously gutted. To cheer myself up I got the beautiful fashion fairy tale book by Christian Lacroix which was half price in Waterstones on the Kings Road for £7.99.








No comments:

Post a Comment