Saturday 4 February 2012

Melancholia

Melancholia is incredibly pretty yet intense. I planned to go see this film in the cinemas but regretfully missed it so bought it for £12.99 as soon as it was released on DVD. Directed by Lars Von Trier the film is set out in two parts. With beautiful back drops and costumes it was one of the most Stylish films I've seen this year. Kirsten Dunst is one of the better young actress's as she shows emotion but still maintains a sense of realistic subtly. However in Melancholia I found her character irritable and unlikable but her character develops powerfully throughout the film proving it to be a challenging role. However personally for me it was Charlotte Gainsbourg that stood out. I would definitely recommend this film however it is not a light hearted watch with the apocalyptic concept but it still has the love and sister relationship theme, along with a very pretty wedding dress.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment